Muralidaran backs Samuels following chucking allegations
Sydney: Spin legend Muthiah Muralidaran has backed West Indian all rounder and Melbourne Renegades teammate, Marlon Samuels in the ongoing chucking debate over all rounder’s bowling action.
Brisbane Heat coach Darren Lehmann was reprimanded and received a suspended 3000 dollar fine by Cricket Australia for publicly questioning the validity of Samuels`` fast 120km/h off-spinners, News.com.au reports.
Muralidaran has said the Renegades and Samuels are bewildered by what appears a storm in a teacup over an action cleared by the International Cricket Council in 2011. Murali said Samuels didn’t take Lehmann’s comments seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown