Muralidaran backs Samuels following chucking allegations
Sydney: Spin legend Muthiah Muralidaran has backed West Indian all rounder and Melbourne Renegades teammate, Marlon Samuels in the ongoing chucking debate over all rounder’s bowling action.
Brisbane Heat coach Darren Lehmann was reprimanded and received a suspended 3000 dollar fine by Cricket Australia for publicly questioning the validity of Samuels`` fast 120km/h off-spinners, News.com.au reports.
Muralidaran has said the Renegades and Samuels are bewildered by what appears a storm in a teacup over an action cleared by the International Cricket Council in 2011. Murali said Samuels didn’t take Lehmann’s comments seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?