Muralidaran backs Samuels following chucking allegations
Sydney: Spin legend Muthiah Muralidaran has backed West Indian all rounder and Melbourne Renegades teammate, Marlon Samuels in the ongoing chucking debate over all rounder’s bowling action.
Brisbane Heat coach Darren Lehmann was reprimanded and received a suspended 3000 dollar fine by Cricket Australia for publicly questioning the validity of Samuels`` fast 120km/h off-spinners, News.com.au reports.
Muralidaran has said the Renegades and Samuels are bewildered by what appears a storm in a teacup over an action cleared by the International Cricket Council in 2011. Murali said Samuels didn’t take Lehmann’s comments seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note