N Srinivasan should have resigned long back, says I S Bindra
New Delhi: Former BCCI president I S Bindra feels current chief N Srinivasan should have resigned long time back and said it was his continuation at the helm of affairs which brought Indian cricket to a "sorry state".
The Supreme Court made observations yesterday that Srinivasan should step down from his post for a fair probe into the IPL fixing scandal and Bindra said he has been asking his resignation for the last one year.
"My view was very clear from last one year. In the first meeting in Chennai I had said the same thing. I have been writing in my blog. He should have resigned long time back. He decided to continue and now it has reached a stage where the Supreme Court had to intervene," Bindra said.
"It is a sad day for Indian cricket, Indian cricket has been brought to this far by Srinivasan and some of his friends in the Board. It is unfortunate for Indian cricket and it gets bad name for Indian cricket, such sorry state that highest court had to intervene," he added.
Despite pressure mounting on him, the beleaguered Srinivasan remained mum on the Supreme Court observation and is exploring various legal options. He had a series of meetings with legal experts during the day though no official word as to what he plans to do has come out yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp