Najam Sethi says forthcoming cricket events in Bangladesh `grave concern` for Pak
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board`s (PCB) interim chairman Najam Sethi has defined the forthcoming events to be hosted in the prevailing conditions in Bangladesh as a conundrum for Pakistan and a grave concern for the body.
Pakistan`s participation in the Asia Cup and International Cricket Council World Twenty20 in Bangladesh next year seems to be a big issue in the making as the strained relations between Pakistan and Bangladesh were aggravated this month after the hanging of Abdul Quader Mollah
According to the Express Tribune, Sethi said that although the situation is fine for other teams, Pakistan is facing an extra problem, adding that they will have to take extra precautions and have to keep a check on the situation in Bangladesh before making the decision on their participation.
The PCB has already expressed its concern to the ICC but the game`s governing body appears reluctant to shift the World Twenty20 from Bangladesh, although Sethi said that he would raise the issue at the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meeting scheduled for early next month in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan