Nepal take WCL title, Bermuda finish on losing note
Hamilton (Bermuda): Half-centuries by Pradeep Airee and Sharad Vesawkar helped Nepal beat Uganda by five wickets to secure the 50-overs ICC World Cricket League (WCL) Division 3 title at the National Sports Centre.
In other play-off games, the United States beat Bermuda by 30 runs at St. David`s to clinch third place, leaving the hosts fourth ahead of Oman, who beat winless Italy by five wickets Sunday, reports CMC.
Nepal`s triumph was remarkable after they lost their opening two matches of the tournament. Nepal and Uganda were promoted to Division 2 and also advanced to the next World Cup qualifiers in New Zealand next year.
Oman and Italy were relegated to Division 4.
Nepal and Uganda will compete in New Zealand with eight other leading Associate and Affiliate countries for the final two positions in the 2015 World Cup.
Uganda captain Davis Arinaitwe was named player of the tournament. The 26-year-old took 10 wickets during the tournament, and twice received the award for Man of the Match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city