New ODI rules concern for Pak women`s team ahead of WC
Karachi: The Pakistan women`s cricket team sets out tonight for India to take part in the ICC World Cup more concerned about how it will adapt to the new ICC ODI rules rather than the mounting protests in India.
"Our major concern is that since the ICC implemented the new rules in ODIs we have not played a one-day international, otherwise, we have prepared strongly for the World Cup," captain Sana Mir said.
She made it clear that although the players and the management were aware about the protests following the killing of Indian soldiers across the LOC, they were not worried about the security.
"The main reason for that is if the situation was bad than I don`t think the Pakistan Cricket Board would have permitted us to go to India in the first place. So we know the security arrangements for us will be very good," Mir said.
The ICC yesterday confirmed that it had switched the matches of the pool that includes Pakistan, to Cuttack because of security reasons.
"We have had a 10-day practice camp in Muridke where we have received specialised training and coaching, so our preparations are on track," she said.
According to the captain, the ICC ODI rule changes are more of a worry for the Pakistani players.
"Since we haven`t played under them we don`t know how it will be because the field restrictions and new ball changes are important ones for us," she said.
Sana -? who received the PCB`s Women Cricketer Of The Year Award -? said she was aiming to lead from the front.
"I know my performance is crucial and I am looking to play my role."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town