New ODI rules concern for Pak women`s team ahead of WC
Karachi: The Pakistan women`s cricket team sets out tonight for India to take part in the ICC World Cup more concerned about how it will adapt to the new ICC ODI rules rather than the mounting protests in India.
"Our major concern is that since the ICC implemented the new rules in ODIs we have not played a one-day international, otherwise, we have prepared strongly for the World Cup," captain Sana Mir said.
She made it clear that although the players and the management were aware about the protests following the killing of Indian soldiers across the LOC, they were not worried about the security.
"The main reason for that is if the situation was bad than I don`t think the Pakistan Cricket Board would have permitted us to go to India in the first place. So we know the security arrangements for us will be very good," Mir said.
The ICC yesterday confirmed that it had switched the matches of the pool that includes Pakistan, to Cuttack because of security reasons.
"We have had a 10-day practice camp in Muridke where we have received specialised training and coaching, so our preparations are on track," she said.
According to the captain, the ICC ODI rule changes are more of a worry for the Pakistani players.
"Since we haven`t played under them we don`t know how it will be because the field restrictions and new ball changes are important ones for us," she said.
Sana -? who received the PCB`s Women Cricketer Of The Year Award -? said she was aiming to lead from the front.
"I know my performance is crucial and I am looking to play my role."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today