No cash awards for Pakistan team despite winning series
Karachi: Members of the Pakistan team presently touring the West Indies may be overjoyed at winning the five match one-day series but are surprised at not getting any cash award for lifting the winners` trophy.
Sources in the Pakistan team said today that the players were expecting some cash prizes for the best individual efforts and for winning the series.
"But when the prize distribution ceremony was held and the players were only handed out mementoes and trophies they were clearly disappointed and surprised," a source said.
"Normally there is always a winner`s cheque for winning a international series and also for best individual performances like the player of the series which went to Misbah-ul-Haq," the source added.
The lack of cash awards at the prize distribution ceremony perhaps, indicates the financial position of the West Indies Cricket Board, which will be organising the first ever Caribbean Premier League from next week.
"Our cricket board should take up this matter with the West Indies board," a source said.
"When they can organise the Caribbean Premier League why were there was no cash awards for this series," the source asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur