No cash awards for Pakistan team despite winning series
Karachi: Members of the Pakistan team presently touring the West Indies may be overjoyed at winning the five match one-day series but are surprised at not getting any cash award for lifting the winners` trophy.
Sources in the Pakistan team said today that the players were expecting some cash prizes for the best individual efforts and for winning the series.
"But when the prize distribution ceremony was held and the players were only handed out mementoes and trophies they were clearly disappointed and surprised," a source said.
"Normally there is always a winner`s cheque for winning a international series and also for best individual performances like the player of the series which went to Misbah-ul-Haq," the source added.
The lack of cash awards at the prize distribution ceremony perhaps, indicates the financial position of the West Indies Cricket Board, which will be organising the first ever Caribbean Premier League from next week.
"Our cricket board should take up this matter with the West Indies board," a source said.
"When they can organise the Caribbean Premier League why were there was no cash awards for this series," the source asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill