No cash awards for Pakistan team despite winning series
Karachi: Members of the Pakistan team presently touring the West Indies may be overjoyed at winning the five match one-day series but are surprised at not getting any cash award for lifting the winners` trophy.
Sources in the Pakistan team said today that the players were expecting some cash prizes for the best individual efforts and for winning the series.
"But when the prize distribution ceremony was held and the players were only handed out mementoes and trophies they were clearly disappointed and surprised," a source said.
"Normally there is always a winner`s cheque for winning a international series and also for best individual performances like the player of the series which went to Misbah-ul-Haq," the source added.
The lack of cash awards at the prize distribution ceremony perhaps, indicates the financial position of the West Indies Cricket Board, which will be organising the first ever Caribbean Premier League from next week.
"Our cricket board should take up this matter with the West Indies board," a source said.
"When they can organise the Caribbean Premier League why were there was no cash awards for this series," the source asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news