No decision yet on universal application of DRS
Kuala Lumpur: The BCCI again on Tuesday had its say on the contentious Decision Review System after the ICC failed to reach a consensus over its universal application following India`s opposition to the technology.
The issue was discussed in the ICC`s Executive Board meeting in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday, but was not put to a vote despite perceived support from most of the Full member nations.
The BCCI on Monday stuck to its stand by objecting to the technology after the ICC`s committee had recommended mandatory use of the DRS in Tests and one-dayers.
According to a report, the issue was brought up but not discussed in the meeting, which was chaired by ICC president Sharad Pawar.
With the DRS failing to achieve universal acceptance, the technology will continue to be used in a mutually agreed arrangement in bilateral series.
The motion for universal application of DRS was put to the ICC Executive Board by its Chief Executive Committee. The CEC said it was satisfied with the improvements in technology in the fourth year of the DRS, which included new Hot Spot cameras and independent ball-tracking research.
As far as other CEC recommendations were concerned, the ECB opposed the idea of cricket being included in the Olympic Games via the Twenty20 format.
The Executive Board will meet again on Monday to settle issues regarding a constitutional amendment, the fourth in 16 years, to the process of appointing the ICC president, making the presidency an annual ceremonial term and creating a parallel and more powerful post of chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof