No need from kneejerk reaction, says Srinivasan
Mumbai: The Indian cricket team is being hammered by Australia but BCCI President N Srinivasan on Wednesday said there is no need for a "kneejerk" reaction and the players should not be put under pressure.
India are down 0-3 in the ongoing Test series and are in danger of a defeat in the fourth and final Test also as Australia have piled up 604 for seven in their first innings.
"There is no need for a kneejerk reaction. We have faith in the team," said Srinivasan when asked whether the Indian team`s performance calls for changes in the team.
"We have suffered from setbacks. The tour is halfway through but we still have a long way to go. We should not put pressure on the players. Only months back, at this very venue, they became world champions," he told reporters.
After the Test series, India will play a couple of Twenty20 matches against the hosts next month before joining them and Sri Lanka in an ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack