No plot against Daren Ganga: Trinidad board
Port of Spain: Trinidad & Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) president Azim Bassarath responded with incredulity to claims that there is a plot to remove Daren Ganga from the team.
Bassarath was responding to claims from West Indies Players` Association (WIPA) Executive President Dinanath Ramnarine.
Last Friday, Ramnarine told a media conference that there was a plot among some regional administrators to remove Daren Ganga, Chris Gayle, Ramnaresh Sarwan and WIPA from cricket landscape in the region.
Bassarath said he was stunned to read that there was ever such a suggestion by the executive of the TTCB.
"I cannot believe that the goodly gentleman is pointing in that direction," he said of Ramnarine`s comments. "We at the TTCB have no plot to remove anyone and we are taking this very seriously.
"If we have a plot to remove someone in the manner that the gentleman is suggesting, then it is frightening to me because the members of my executive are not of that type of people. If they are then, I am very surprised and shocked."
Bassarath was very unambiguous in his statement and noted the removal of Ganga from the T&T team had everything to do with cricket and nothing else.
"The selectors found that he would not have fit into the T20 mix for the upcoming Caribbean Twenty20 Championship and they simply did not select him," he said. "They went for a bunch of players who in their opinion would give us the best chance of repeating as champions.
"Daren remains a big asset to T&T`s cricket and I am sure he would feature in the other formats of the game."
Bassarath however, did not respond to other charges about the removal of Gayle, Sarwan and WIPA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know