No third umpire intervention for Big Bash League
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) on Wednesday announced that the third umpire intervention system will not be used in the 2012-13 season in their domestic Twenty20 tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL).
The on-field umpire can still refer decisions to the third umpire to determine run-outs, stumpings, hit-wicket, obstructing the field, and close boundary calls, said a release.
CA`s senior manager cricket operations Sean Cary said they were reluctant to alter playing conditions mid-season but had listened carefully to feedback from all the stake holders who believed that the system was sometimes inconsistent and could cause delays in play.
"We assessed the impact the system was having on the competition and we believed there were sufficient reasons to discontinue the intervention system following unanimous support from the state teams.
"The CA playing conditions committee will continue to discuss the best model for a review system that can be used in these two competitions in the future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared