Nobody can replace Dravid: Tendulkar
New Delhi: Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar feels the retirement of his long-time teammate Rahul Dravid has created an irreplaceable void at number three position in the Indian Test team.
Sachin says Dravid will be sorely missed in the dressing room.
"Rahul has been an incredible player for India and for world cricket. Nobody is going to be able to replace Rahul in that position," Sachin told a news channel.
"You need someone to be dedicated, be committed and disciplined. The entire country will miss him because we were all used to Rahul padding up batting at number 3. However, these things will continue to happen because that`s how the game goes around for years. All great players retire one day."
Dravid retired from all forms of the game in March, ending a glorious 16-year-old career. His decision followed the team`s disastrous show in England and Australia where it lost eight Test matches in a row.
"I don`t think we can point our fingers at our structure because with that same structure we hit the number one spot. So if there was something wrong with the structure, we would have never reached that spot."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre