Not managed by Rhiti, claims R P Singh
New Delhi: Pacer Rudra Pratap Singh today denied being managed by Rhiti Sports, the firm in which Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has a 15 per cent stake, raising questions of a possible conflict of interest.
A newspaper on Monday reported that Dhoni has a 15 per cent stake in the company, which, the report claimed, manages R P Singh, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha.
Interestingly, all these four players are part of the same IPL franchise, the Chennai Super Kings, which is also captained by Dhoni.
"Don`t know what exactly is running in the news but just to clarify I am not with Rhiti Sports," tweeted R P Singh after the report came out.
R P Singh has played 14 Tests and 58 ODIs for India. He has taken 40 wickets in the longer format and has 69 scalps in the one-dayers.
He has been out of favour for some time and has not played a Test or ODI since 2011.
Rhiti Sports is owned by Arun Pandey, a close friend of Dhoni. In 2010, Dhoni signed up with Rhiti reportedly for Rs 210 crore, an average of Rs 70 crore a year, the costliest deal in Indian cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra