N.Srinivasan denies any knowledge of Gurunath`s involvement in betting
Mumbai: The Board for Control of Cricket in India President N.Srinivasan has denied any knowedge of the involvement of his son in law,Gurunath Meiyappan in betting on IPL matches.
Commenting on the arrest of Gurunath, he said whatever steps or action have been taken in case of anybody else, same will apply to him. "There will be no discrimination", he added.
Srinivasan also claimed ignorance when asked about Mr. Meiyappan``s involvement in betting on IPL matches. He said: "I had no knowledge about Gurunath``s involvement. Everybody knows that I hardly watch a game, everyone knows that I do not go to CSK``s games."
"I don``t see any reason for the people to ask me to step down. I have seen media baying for my blood, political parties saying that I should resign and also various other people . The media could have been fair to us. They have gone overboard against me."
Meanwhile, Srinivasan has left for Kolkata to attend a BBI meeting, a day before the grand finale of the IPL games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information