N.Srinivasan denies any knowledge of Gurunath`s involvement in betting
Mumbai: The Board for Control of Cricket in India President N.Srinivasan has denied any knowedge of the involvement of his son in law,Gurunath Meiyappan in betting on IPL matches.
Commenting on the arrest of Gurunath, he said whatever steps or action have been taken in case of anybody else, same will apply to him. "There will be no discrimination", he added.
Srinivasan also claimed ignorance when asked about Mr. Meiyappan``s involvement in betting on IPL matches. He said: "I had no knowledge about Gurunath``s involvement. Everybody knows that I hardly watch a game, everyone knows that I do not go to CSK``s games."
"I don``t see any reason for the people to ask me to step down. I have seen media baying for my blood, political parties saying that I should resign and also various other people . The media could have been fair to us. They have gone overboard against me."
Meanwhile, Srinivasan has left for Kolkata to attend a BBI meeting, a day before the grand finale of the IPL games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'