Nupur Mehta claims she dated Tillakaratne Dilshan
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Little known Bollywood actress Nupur Mehta, whose name surfaced in match-fixing allegations, has claimed to have been dating Sri Lankan batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan.
The starlet has now admitted to have met some international cricketers in a casino during 2009 T20 world cup in England. However, she has vehemently denied having anything to do with match-fixing and even threatened to sue the English daily that had carried her blurred image along with the damning report on fixing.
Speaking to Mail Today, she said, “`I was seeing Dilshan and went to the casino with him but that does not suggest I am involved with match-fixing in cricket.”
“That is my personal life and my relationship cannot be made the basis of such a big allegation. I am a single, attractive girl and have the liberty to move around in any part of the world and interact with whoever I want to,` she was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad