Nupur Mehta claims she dated Tillakaratne Dilshan
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Little known Bollywood actress Nupur Mehta, whose name surfaced in match-fixing allegations, has claimed to have been dating Sri Lankan batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan.
The starlet has now admitted to have met some international cricketers in a casino during 2009 T20 world cup in England. However, she has vehemently denied having anything to do with match-fixing and even threatened to sue the English daily that had carried her blurred image along with the damning report on fixing.
Speaking to Mail Today, she said, “`I was seeing Dilshan and went to the casino with him but that does not suggest I am involved with match-fixing in cricket.”
“That is my personal life and my relationship cannot be made the basis of such a big allegation. I am a single, attractive girl and have the liberty to move around in any part of the world and interact with whoever I want to,` she was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH