Oz coach backs Bird ‘to be on song’ if selected for India tour
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Jackson Bird is likely to play during the Test tour to India after Ben Hilfenhaus was injured midway during last month’s Hobart Test match against Sri Lanka.
Coach Mickey Arthur said he was optimistic Bird would not struggle in Indian conditions if given the opportunity by selectors.
He said that what he does do well is hitting a really good length. He’s miserly with his runs and he’s got enough pace, so if chosen he’ll go fairly well, he added.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur said that Jackson’s stocks have risen considerably, who after two matches already boasts a man-of-the-match award.
The 26-year-old was elevated to the Test team after his unprecedented level of success early in his first-class career.
In his first 14 matches, Bird claimed 80 wickets at an average of 17.54, with a strike-rate of a wicket every 36.11 deliveries, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference