Oz pace attack for Barbados Test still undecided
Barbados (West Indies): Australia’s selectors are still undecided about the pace attack for the first Test against the West Indies.
Out of the seven bowlers on tour, only Mitchell Starc is out of the running to play the series opener at Kensington Oval on Saturday.
The other six named in the three-day game against a West Indies Cricket Board President’s XI, all have a good reason to get upset if they miss out.
Harris has a good chance of getting selected due to his decent showing in the tour game, and mainly due to his consistently good performance in similar kind of wickets in Sri Lanka.
“I bowled reasonably well in Sri Lanka and they are very similar [conditions] - probably a bit more grass on [the pitches] in Sri Lanka. Performing like I did over there helps but it`s obviously different over here. There`s no grass on them but they`re a bit firmer,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Harris, as saying.
“Patto with his bounce is going to go through more and same as [Peter Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus],” he added.
Pattinson was wicket less from his 10 overs spell, which is credited to a lack of bowling since his comeback from a foot injury, and this could be a decisive factor if he is left out.
Siddle’s rewarding summer ensures he holds his place, while Hilfenhaus is likely to be suited by the different brand of ball being used in the Caribbean, which is conducive to swing, but he was another to not get awarded for his toil in this game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price