Oz pace attack for Barbados Test still undecided
Barbados (West Indies): Australia’s selectors are still undecided about the pace attack for the first Test against the West Indies.
Out of the seven bowlers on tour, only Mitchell Starc is out of the running to play the series opener at Kensington Oval on Saturday.
The other six named in the three-day game against a West Indies Cricket Board President’s XI, all have a good reason to get upset if they miss out.
Harris has a good chance of getting selected due to his decent showing in the tour game, and mainly due to his consistently good performance in similar kind of wickets in Sri Lanka.
“I bowled reasonably well in Sri Lanka and they are very similar [conditions] - probably a bit more grass on [the pitches] in Sri Lanka. Performing like I did over there helps but it`s obviously different over here. There`s no grass on them but they`re a bit firmer,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Harris, as saying.
“Patto with his bounce is going to go through more and same as [Peter Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus],” he added.
Pattinson was wicket less from his 10 overs spell, which is credited to a lack of bowling since his comeback from a foot injury, and this could be a decisive factor if he is left out.
Siddle’s rewarding summer ensures he holds his place, while Hilfenhaus is likely to be suited by the different brand of ball being used in the Caribbean, which is conducive to swing, but he was another to not get awarded for his toil in this game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!