Oz pacers have potential to be best in world: Mickey Arthur
Sydney: Coach Mickey Arthur has said that Australia’s new pace attack, including James Pattinson, has the potential to be the best in the world.
Arthur was very impressed by the performance of the pace trio of Peter Siddle, James and Ben Hilfenhaus in the first Test win over India at the MCG.
With the likes of Ryan Harris, Patrick Cummins, Shane Watson and Mitchell Starc either injured or waiting in the wings, Arthur is optimistic about Australia’s pace strength.
He said he was very excited by the potential and the competition for places in every position, The Herald Sun reports.
“I thought we had 15 players that can play international cricket, at any given time. Hopefully by the end of the summer we might have 22 guys that can do that because we need to build up our strength in depth, which we are doing now,” Arthur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'