Oz pacers have potential to be best in world: Mickey Arthur
Sydney: Coach Mickey Arthur has said that Australia’s new pace attack, including James Pattinson, has the potential to be the best in the world.
Arthur was very impressed by the performance of the pace trio of Peter Siddle, James and Ben Hilfenhaus in the first Test win over India at the MCG.
With the likes of Ryan Harris, Patrick Cummins, Shane Watson and Mitchell Starc either injured or waiting in the wings, Arthur is optimistic about Australia’s pace strength.
He said he was very excited by the potential and the competition for places in every position, The Herald Sun reports.
“I thought we had 15 players that can play international cricket, at any given time. Hopefully by the end of the summer we might have 22 guys that can do that because we need to build up our strength in depth, which we are doing now,” Arthur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery