Oz rookie Cowan urges ICC to make Decision Review System mandatory
Melbourne: Australian debutant Ed Cowan has called on the International Cricket Council to urge India to use Decision Review System (DRS).
"As someone who loves their cricket and who has watched a lot of cricket, I just don``t understand why it can``t be handed down by the ICC (International Cricket Council) to be uniform in all games,” Fox Sports quoted Cowan, as saying.
"Today momentum went against us because of it. Two of your top six. But that`s the game and we`ll take the good with the bad," he added.
His statement came after the dismissals of Cowan and veteran batsman Mike Hussey highlighted the problems caused by the India``s refusal to use the Decision Review System (DRS) technology in this four-Test series.
Both players were declared out on caught behind though they did not appear to hit the ball.
Cowan described Hussey’s dismissal as a turning point of the game.
"We felt we were half an hour away from really nailing them, grinding them into the dust," Cowan said.
"We get through that Zaheer Khan spell unscathed and it`s a completely different complexion to the day`s play," he added.
India also appeared to be victims of the lack of the DRS when umpire Marais Erasmus turned down Zaheer Kahn’s strong leg before wicket appeal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case