Oz T20 captain Bailey believes team not satiated by drawn series in Caribbean
Sydney: Australia Twenty20 captain George Bailey has said his teammates aren’t satisfied with two consecutive series draws against West Indies, and are looking forward to end the Caribbean tour on a high with a series win in the Test matches.
The one-day series between Australia and the Windies ended in a 2-2 draw, whereas the two-match Twenty20 series also ended in a 1-1 stalemate, after the home team clinched the final T20 by 14-runs at Kensington, Oval on Friday.
Bailey believes those staying on for the three-Test series beginning at Kensington Oval on April 7, will do their best to annul the Windies` fighting spirit, and come home with something definitive for their efforts.
“I know there`re some boys in our one-day and Twenty20 camps who`d be pretty keen to actually win a series over here. It doesn`t sit well with us to come over here and draw two series,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Bailey, as saying.
“They`ll be keen to certainly do that and I know the energy and the freshness of the guys coming in who are just playing the Test series will be a great thing as well,” he added.
Australia will begin their preparations for the Test series with a three-day tour match against a West Indies Cricket Board president`s XI in Bridgetown starting on Monday.
The game will be a crucial one for Test squad members such as Ed Cowan, David Warner, Matthew Wade and James Pattinson, who are all preparing for their first Test series overseas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest