P Jayawardena, Welagedara upgraded in central contracts
Colombo: Wicketkeeper-batsman Prasanna Jayawardene and left-arm fast bowler Chanaka Welagedara have been upgraded in the central contract categories, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said on Friday.
Jayawardene has been promoted to category 2 from 3, while Welagedara is promoted to 4 from 5.
The chairman of selectors, Asantha de Mel was consulted before the promotions were made, the SLC said.
In the categories released earlier this month, Jayawardena was the sole entry in category 3, which had triggered media criticism.
The media criticised the SLC`s non recognition of the wicketkeeper-batsman`s consistent solid performances both behind the wicket and with the bat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news