Pak chief selector denies reports of rift between Whatmore, selectors
Karachi: Pakistan`s chief selector Iqbal Qasim has rubbished reports of a rift between the national selection committee and coach Dav Whatmore.
"I am in contact with Whatmore on a constant basis, and I don`t think we are facing any points of conflict at the moment. He [Whatmore] is new in Pakistan and wants to understand the system and wants to see what [players] we have. There is no harm in this, [in fact] we are helping him in this regard by giving him players [the 12 fast bowlers] to assess. This is the part of his strategy,” a leading daily quoted Qasim, as saying.
His comments came after media reports mentioned about a possible disagreement between Whatmore and out of favour Test players at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) earlier this week.
Pakistan cricketers have not had any assignments since last month’s Asia Cup, and will next be seen in action in Sri Lanka.
Whatmore, who took over as coaching of the team before the Asia Cup, is using the break to collect data on players around the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style