Pakistan sore at Bangladesh canceling cricket tour
Islamabad: Pakistani cricket officials and fans were left disappointed after Bangladesh decided to cancel its team`s planned tour later this month due to security concerns.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Thursday informed Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) that they had to suspend the tour after the high court in Dhaka ordered to postpone for four weeks the team`s visit to Pakistan for a short series of two matches.
PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf was extremely unhappy over the decision and said that they had already completed all the arrangements for the matches between the two sides.
"It is astonishing to note that a matter lacking any legal issue has been dragged in the court by petitioners who appear to have vested interest and want to jeopardize the Pakistan-Bangladesh cricketing relations," PCB spokesman was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"An adverse order has been passed to block a bilateral cricket series. PCB has been extremely disappointed due to the creation of this new situation," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir