Pakistan sore at Bangladesh canceling cricket tour
Islamabad: Pakistani cricket officials and fans were left disappointed after Bangladesh decided to cancel its team`s planned tour later this month due to security concerns.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Thursday informed Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) that they had to suspend the tour after the high court in Dhaka ordered to postpone for four weeks the team`s visit to Pakistan for a short series of two matches.
PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf was extremely unhappy over the decision and said that they had already completed all the arrangements for the matches between the two sides.
"It is astonishing to note that a matter lacking any legal issue has been dragged in the court by petitioners who appear to have vested interest and want to jeopardize the Pakistan-Bangladesh cricketing relations," PCB spokesman was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"An adverse order has been passed to block a bilateral cricket series. PCB has been extremely disappointed due to the creation of this new situation," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees