Pakistan to tour Zimbabwe before India series
Lahore: Pakistan will tour Zimbabwe for one Test and three ODIs late this year ahead of the much-anticipated cricket series against India.
According to details, Pakistan will be touring Zimbabwe at the end of November for the series but before that the PCB is working hard to launch its Premier League T20 competition.
"The modalities for the PPL are being worked out and are in final stages and the idea is to stage it sometime in October or November," a PCB source said.
After playing Australia in an ODI series in the UAE from August 28, Pakistan will go to Sri Lanka for the ICC T20 World Cup.
After the World Cup, there are no major international commitments lined up for Pakiustan until they tour India for the ODI series in the last week of December.
"Apparently, the PCB decided to go ahead with the Zimbabwe tour because of the lack of international commitments for the national team after the ICC World Cup," a source said.
The source said the decision to tour Zimbabwe was also part of PCB`s strategy to support the weak members of the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan