Pattinson could be future Australian great: McGrath
Melbourne: Impressed by new pace sensation James Pattinson, former Australian great Glenn McGrath today said that the youngster has all the attributes of becoming a great in future.
Pattinson has made a brilliant start to his career by taking 20 wickets from three Tests so far and he bowled Australia to victory twice.
Against India too he has made a superb start by taking six wickets in the Melbourne Test, which his side won by a comprehensive margin of 122 runs.
"I think he has all the attributes to be a great fast bowler," McGrath said while promoting the Pink Test in honour of the McGrath Foundation`s fight against breast cancer.
"He`s tall, strong, he hits good areas, bowls good pace and he has a fair bit of aggression there," McGrath said.
The fast bowling legend also liked the way senior pace duo of Peter Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus bowled.
"Ashes veterans Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus were also bowling with a new lease of life," McGrath was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC