PCB all set to implement DRS for Australia ODI series
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will implement the Decision Review System (DRS) for the One-day series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates next month.
A board official said that a sponsorship deal had been nearly finalised that would allow the board to use the DRS technology in the three One-day Internationals against Australia.
"We`re very much in favour of having the DRS in ODI and Test matches and we see the Australia series as a good platform to promote the technology," he said.
Pakistan could use the DRS in their last two Test and One-day series against Sri Lanka and England due to sponsorship deals.
"The sponsors will tie up directly with the broadcasters to cover expenses for using the technology," the official said.
Pakistan will play three ODIs and an equal number of T20 Internationals against Australia from August 28.
The official said that Pakistan was looking forward to use DRS when it tour South Africa in January for a full series.
"The host country has the right to decide whether it wants to offer use of DRS to the touring side but as far as we know South Africa use the DRS in their home series," he said.
The PCB is looking at the Australia series to earn some useful profits even though it has been forced to play the series in the UAE after the Australians refused to tour Pakistan due to security concerns.
Sources said besides a lucrative broadcasting deal with the Dubai based Ten Sports, the board had also sold its title sponsorship and other ground rights for a handsome amount that is likely to be between USD 550,000 to USD 600,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...