PCB ‘more than positive’ over revival of Indo-Pak cricket ties
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has welcomed the progress in Indo-Pak relations, and is hopeful of a quick resumption of cricket ties between both the countries following a discussion on the issue in a meeting between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf was excited at the development and hoped for a quick revival.
“It’s a big development. I also saw reports about talks on a series-revival and we welcome the news,” The Express Tribune quoted Ashraf, as saying.
“The revival is very important for the cricket boards as well as the fans from both the countries. Not only cricket, it will help bring the nations closer,” he added.
His statement came in the wake of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari’s recently-concluded one –day trip to India.
He also welcomed BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla’s comment that India was not against ‘Pakistan or Pakistan players’ regarding players’ participation in the Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market