PCB ‘more than positive’ over revival of Indo-Pak cricket ties
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has welcomed the progress in Indo-Pak relations, and is hopeful of a quick resumption of cricket ties between both the countries following a discussion on the issue in a meeting between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf was excited at the development and hoped for a quick revival.
“It’s a big development. I also saw reports about talks on a series-revival and we welcome the news,” The Express Tribune quoted Ashraf, as saying.
“The revival is very important for the cricket boards as well as the fans from both the countries. Not only cricket, it will help bring the nations closer,” he added.
His statement came in the wake of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari’s recently-concluded one –day trip to India.
He also welcomed BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla’s comment that India was not against ‘Pakistan or Pakistan players’ regarding players’ participation in the Indian Premier League.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!