PCB ‘more than positive’ over revival of Indo-Pak cricket ties
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has welcomed the progress in Indo-Pak relations, and is hopeful of a quick resumption of cricket ties between both the countries following a discussion on the issue in a meeting between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf was excited at the development and hoped for a quick revival.
“It’s a big development. I also saw reports about talks on a series-revival and we welcome the news,” The Express Tribune quoted Ashraf, as saying.
“The revival is very important for the cricket boards as well as the fans from both the countries. Not only cricket, it will help bring the nations closer,” he added.
His statement came in the wake of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari’s recently-concluded one –day trip to India.
He also welcomed BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla’s comment that India was not against ‘Pakistan or Pakistan players’ regarding players’ participation in the Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future