Peterson, Tahir to use `secret` `carrom, googly` weapons in domestic T20 event
Johannesburg: South African spinners Robin Peterson and Imran Tahir have reportedly added `secret weapons` to their arsenal for the domestic RAM SLAM Twenty20 competition and ahead of the upcoming series against Australia.
Peterson will be using the so-called carrom ball, by flicking it between the thumb and the middle finger to impart spin, which he used against right-handed Zaheer Khan in the second Test against India at Kingsmead recently, it in the T20 competition.
According to Sport24, that delivery has been popularised by the Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin.
Meanwhile, the report said that Tahir has developed a second `googly`, which is more difficult to detect than his traditional googly and will join forces with another leg-spinner for the Highveld Lions, Eddie Leie, whose googly is also camouflaged masterly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof