Peterson, Tahir to use `secret` `carrom, googly` weapons in domestic T20 event
Johannesburg: South African spinners Robin Peterson and Imran Tahir have reportedly added `secret weapons` to their arsenal for the domestic RAM SLAM Twenty20 competition and ahead of the upcoming series against Australia.
Peterson will be using the so-called carrom ball, by flicking it between the thumb and the middle finger to impart spin, which he used against right-handed Zaheer Khan in the second Test against India at Kingsmead recently, it in the T20 competition.
According to Sport24, that delivery has been popularised by the Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin.
Meanwhile, the report said that Tahir has developed a second `googly`, which is more difficult to detect than his traditional googly and will join forces with another leg-spinner for the Highveld Lions, Eddie Leie, whose googly is also camouflaged masterly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery