PIL seeks probe by SIT in IPL spot fixing
New Delhi: A PIL has been filed on Monday in the Supreme Court seeking setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe spot fixing and other alleged irregularities in IPL, apart from a stay on remaining matches.
The petitioner by a Lucknow resident has made all IPL franchises and BCCI party in the case along with the Centre.
"There are many irregularities in the IPL beginning from auction of players. Black money and money from anti-social elements are involved in the IPL which needs to be probed," advocate Vishnu Jain, who filed the petition, said
The petition sought a stay on remaining four matches including final match of the IPL till the probe is completed.
Jain filed the petition on behalf of one Sudarsh Awasthi who claims to be an architect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant