PIL seeks probe by SIT in IPL spot fixing
New Delhi: A PIL has been filed on Monday in the Supreme Court seeking setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe spot fixing and other alleged irregularities in IPL, apart from a stay on remaining matches.
The petitioner by a Lucknow resident has made all IPL franchises and BCCI party in the case along with the Centre.
"There are many irregularities in the IPL beginning from auction of players. Black money and money from anti-social elements are involved in the IPL which needs to be probed," advocate Vishnu Jain, who filed the petition, said
The petition sought a stay on remaining four matches including final match of the IPL till the probe is completed.
Jain filed the petition on behalf of one Sudarsh Awasthi who claims to be an architect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative