PIL seeks probe by SIT in IPL spot fixing
New Delhi: A PIL has been filed on Monday in the Supreme Court seeking setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe spot fixing and other alleged irregularities in IPL, apart from a stay on remaining matches.
The petitioner by a Lucknow resident has made all IPL franchises and BCCI party in the case along with the Centre.
"There are many irregularities in the IPL beginning from auction of players. Black money and money from anti-social elements are involved in the IPL which needs to be probed," advocate Vishnu Jain, who filed the petition, said
The petition sought a stay on remaining four matches including final match of the IPL till the probe is completed.
Jain filed the petition on behalf of one Sudarsh Awasthi who claims to be an architect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption