PIL seeks probe by SIT in IPL spot fixing
New Delhi: A PIL has been filed on Monday in the Supreme Court seeking setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe spot fixing and other alleged irregularities in IPL, apart from a stay on remaining matches.
The petitioner by a Lucknow resident has made all IPL franchises and BCCI party in the case along with the Centre.
"There are many irregularities in the IPL beginning from auction of players. Black money and money from anti-social elements are involved in the IPL which needs to be probed," advocate Vishnu Jain, who filed the petition, said
The petition sought a stay on remaining four matches including final match of the IPL till the probe is completed.
Jain filed the petition on behalf of one Sudarsh Awasthi who claims to be an architect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian
- 17.93 lakh candidates trained under PMKVY as on July 18
- NASA's new institute to explore ways to protect astronauts
- Finally! WhatsApp adds call back and voicemail features for Android