Players who lack integrity can spot-fix: Raj Kundra
New Delhi: It was not possible for Indian Premier League (IPL) teams to fix matches but players, who lack integrity, can be involved in spot fixing, Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra said Thursday.
‘Just when IPL was going on so smoothly without controversies I woke up to the news of 3 RR players alleged spot-fixing investigations r on,’ Kundra tweeted.
‘When asked the repeated question is IPL fixed my answer is always IPL teams CAN`T be fixed but individual players who lack integrity can,’ he added.
Kundra`s comments came after India fast bowler Sreesanth as well as his Rajasthan Royals colleagues Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested in Mumbai Thursday for alleged spot-fixing in the IPL.
Besides the three players, Delhi Police also arrested seven bookies from Delhi, Mumbai and Ahmedabad in connection with spot-fixing, which includes bowling no-balls or wides at pre-determined times.
The three players were arrested after Rajasthan Royals match with Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium Wednesday night. Rajasthan Royals lost the match by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic