Players who lack integrity can spot-fix: Raj Kundra
New Delhi: It was not possible for Indian Premier League (IPL) teams to fix matches but players, who lack integrity, can be involved in spot fixing, Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra said Thursday.
‘Just when IPL was going on so smoothly without controversies I woke up to the news of 3 RR players alleged spot-fixing investigations r on,’ Kundra tweeted.
‘When asked the repeated question is IPL fixed my answer is always IPL teams CAN`T be fixed but individual players who lack integrity can,’ he added.
Kundra`s comments came after India fast bowler Sreesanth as well as his Rajasthan Royals colleagues Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested in Mumbai Thursday for alleged spot-fixing in the IPL.
Besides the three players, Delhi Police also arrested seven bookies from Delhi, Mumbai and Ahmedabad in connection with spot-fixing, which includes bowling no-balls or wides at pre-determined times.
The three players were arrested after Rajasthan Royals match with Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium Wednesday night. Rajasthan Royals lost the match by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur