Politicians, sportspersons wish Yuvraj speedy recovery
New Delhi: Well known personalities from all walks of life wished Yuvraj Singh a speedy recovery after the news of the cricketer being diagnosed with cancer broke earlier on Sunday.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, an avid cricket follower, extended his good wishes to the cricketer.
"Here`s wishing Yuvraj Singh a speedy and complete recovery," Omar wrote on his twitter account.
"On a good day there are few cricketers more exciting than him," the Chief Minister added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said he was sad to hear about the ill-health of Yuvraj and expressed hope that he would play again for the country.
"Sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj Singh. He is a fighter and I am sure he`ll come out of it very soon and play again for India," tweeted Modi.
Tennis player Rohan Bopanna also wished him luck.
"Wishing Yuvraj Singh a speedy recovery, all our prayers and good wishes are with him," said Bopanna.
The middle-order batsman`s teammate, paceman S Sreesanth said, "It`s sad to hear Yuvraj`s ailment. Health is very important and I wish him very speedy recovery."
Yuvraj, who played a stellar role in India`s ODI World Cup triumph last year, has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy in the United States.
The 30-year-old left-hander was adjudged the Player of the tournament in the World Cup last year with 362 runs, 15 wickets and four Man-of-the-Match awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving