Politicians, sportspersons wish Yuvraj speedy recovery
New Delhi: Well known personalities from all walks of life wished Yuvraj Singh a speedy recovery after the news of the cricketer being diagnosed with cancer broke earlier on Sunday.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, an avid cricket follower, extended his good wishes to the cricketer.
"Here`s wishing Yuvraj Singh a speedy and complete recovery," Omar wrote on his twitter account.
"On a good day there are few cricketers more exciting than him," the Chief Minister added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said he was sad to hear about the ill-health of Yuvraj and expressed hope that he would play again for the country.
"Sad to hear about ill-health of Yuvraj Singh. He is a fighter and I am sure he`ll come out of it very soon and play again for India," tweeted Modi.
Tennis player Rohan Bopanna also wished him luck.
"Wishing Yuvraj Singh a speedy recovery, all our prayers and good wishes are with him," said Bopanna.
The middle-order batsman`s teammate, paceman S Sreesanth said, "It`s sad to hear Yuvraj`s ailment. Health is very important and I wish him very speedy recovery."
Yuvraj, who played a stellar role in India`s ODI World Cup triumph last year, has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy in the United States.
The 30-year-old left-hander was adjudged the Player of the tournament in the World Cup last year with 362 runs, 15 wickets and four Man-of-the-Match awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees