Ponting tips Alex Doolan to replace him in Oz squad for Ashes
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes fellow Tasmanian batsman Alex Doolan could replace him in the Test team for the all important Ashes series this year.
Ponting said that Doolan, who will play with Ponting in the Prime Minister`s XI match at Manuka, is on a higher level than the average first-class player, which can be seen every times he plays.
Ponting also said that he had spent time with the cricketer, trying to improve his game form and bring him on the right track, adding that Doolan had a good start to the season.
Ponting also counted Usman Khawaja as another strong contender, saying that he is also experienced in Test cricket, and has a good choice for the upcoming Ashes and the Indian tour.
Doolan scored 161 not out for Australia A last November in a warm-up tour match for the world number one Test team, South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read