Ponting tips Alex Doolan to replace him in Oz squad for Ashes
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes fellow Tasmanian batsman Alex Doolan could replace him in the Test team for the all important Ashes series this year.
Ponting said that Doolan, who will play with Ponting in the Prime Minister`s XI match at Manuka, is on a higher level than the average first-class player, which can be seen every times he plays.
Ponting also said that he had spent time with the cricketer, trying to improve his game form and bring him on the right track, adding that Doolan had a good start to the season.
Ponting also counted Usman Khawaja as another strong contender, saying that he is also experienced in Test cricket, and has a good choice for the upcoming Ashes and the Indian tour.
Doolan scored 161 not out for Australia A last November in a warm-up tour match for the world number one Test team, South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'