Ponting tips Alex Doolan to replace him in Oz squad for Ashes
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes fellow Tasmanian batsman Alex Doolan could replace him in the Test team for the all important Ashes series this year.
Ponting said that Doolan, who will play with Ponting in the Prime Minister`s XI match at Manuka, is on a higher level than the average first-class player, which can be seen every times he plays.
Ponting also said that he had spent time with the cricketer, trying to improve his game form and bring him on the right track, adding that Doolan had a good start to the season.
Ponting also counted Usman Khawaja as another strong contender, saying that he is also experienced in Test cricket, and has a good choice for the upcoming Ashes and the Indian tour.
Doolan scored 161 not out for Australia A last November in a warm-up tour match for the world number one Test team, South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output