Ponting tips Alex Doolan to replace him in Oz squad for Ashes
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes fellow Tasmanian batsman Alex Doolan could replace him in the Test team for the all important Ashes series this year.
Ponting said that Doolan, who will play with Ponting in the Prime Minister`s XI match at Manuka, is on a higher level than the average first-class player, which can be seen every times he plays.
Ponting also said that he had spent time with the cricketer, trying to improve his game form and bring him on the right track, adding that Doolan had a good start to the season.
Ponting also counted Usman Khawaja as another strong contender, saying that he is also experienced in Test cricket, and has a good choice for the upcoming Ashes and the Indian tour.
Doolan scored 161 not out for Australia A last November in a warm-up tour match for the world number one Test team, South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final