Prior excluded from England’s provisional squad for Champions Trophy
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: England’s wicketkeeper batsman Matt Prior was on Friday overlooked for a place in England’s provisional 30-man squad for the Champions Trophy in June.
Prior, England`s first-choice test wicketkeeper, scored an unbeaten century to help his team avoid a series defeat to New Zealand last month
He has not been a part of England’s limited overs squad since March 2011.
Craig Kieswetter, Jonny Bairstow and Jos Buttler were preferred as options behind the stumps for the tournament that England will host from June 6-23.
Four uncapped players - batsmen Gary Ballance, Varun Chopra and bowlers James Harris and Chris Wright – were given a national call-up in an enlarged squad that will be trimmed to 15 by May 5.
Star batsman Kevin Pietersen who is currently sidelined with a knee injury has also been included in the squad.
Nick Compton and Monty Panesar also missed out on a call-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam