Prior excluded from England’s provisional squad for Champions Trophy
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: England’s wicketkeeper batsman Matt Prior was on Friday overlooked for a place in England’s provisional 30-man squad for the Champions Trophy in June.
Prior, England`s first-choice test wicketkeeper, scored an unbeaten century to help his team avoid a series defeat to New Zealand last month
He has not been a part of England’s limited overs squad since March 2011.
Craig Kieswetter, Jonny Bairstow and Jos Buttler were preferred as options behind the stumps for the tournament that England will host from June 6-23.
Four uncapped players - batsmen Gary Ballance, Varun Chopra and bowlers James Harris and Chris Wright – were given a national call-up in an enlarged squad that will be trimmed to 15 by May 5.
Star batsman Kevin Pietersen who is currently sidelined with a knee injury has also been included in the squad.
Nick Compton and Monty Panesar also missed out on a call-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand as SC stays floor test in state Assembly
- Fire breaks out in Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's chamber
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal