Proteas’ bowling coach Donald backs Morkel to regain form
Johannesburg: South Africa’s bowling coach Allan Donald has backed pace bowler Morne Morkel to regain his form.
“It’s one spell away for him. We tinkered with a few things after the day’s play and I think he’s confident enough now to take it further,” a website quoted Donald, as saying.
Morkel has claimed six wickets this season at a cost of 38.6, including three for nine when Australia was wrapped up for 47 runs.
"I put myself in Morne’s shoes a lot of the time. I was a rhythm bowler and a confidence bowler and I needed to bowl a lot to have that confidence to bowl in certain areas with good pace, and Morne is exactly the same. He’s a world class bowler and we`re confident it’s just one spell,” Donald added.
Donald said the green wicket in Centurion helped the South African bowlers but increased pressure on Morkel to bowl full- length deliveries.
The return of Lonwabo Tsotsobe and the likely debut of Marchant de Lange to the squad will likely step up pressure on Morkel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi