Proteas’ bowling coach Donald backs Morkel to regain form
Johannesburg: South Africa’s bowling coach Allan Donald has backed pace bowler Morne Morkel to regain his form.
“It’s one spell away for him. We tinkered with a few things after the day’s play and I think he’s confident enough now to take it further,” a website quoted Donald, as saying.
Morkel has claimed six wickets this season at a cost of 38.6, including three for nine when Australia was wrapped up for 47 runs.
"I put myself in Morne’s shoes a lot of the time. I was a rhythm bowler and a confidence bowler and I needed to bowl a lot to have that confidence to bowl in certain areas with good pace, and Morne is exactly the same. He’s a world class bowler and we`re confident it’s just one spell,” Donald added.
Donald said the green wicket in Centurion helped the South African bowlers but increased pressure on Morkel to bowl full- length deliveries.
The return of Lonwabo Tsotsobe and the likely debut of Marchant de Lange to the squad will likely step up pressure on Morkel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Pakistan looks for paid lobbyist in US after recent diplomatic disasters
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata releases exam dates for PGET 2016
- India initiates process to set up monetary policy committee
- Interview for Indian coach: Panel was aware Sourav Ganguly will miss Ravi Shastri's presentation?
- Drone startup OpenRov developes fast underwater exploration robots