Proteas eyeing Lanka tour to build young new team with 2015 World Cup in mind
Johannesburg: South African captain AB de Villiers has said that the Proteas tour to Sri Lanka could help in building the team for the World Cup in two years, adding that young players were learning to perform without the stars.
According to sport24, de Villiers expressed that his team was still trying to find its feet without players such as Jacques Kallis and Dale Steyn, ahead of five ODI`s and three T20`s in Sri Lanka.
De Villiers said that it was important for the team to get combinations ready after losing experienced players, especially considering the time before the 2015 World Cup.
The tour starts with a practice game ahead of Saturday`s first ODI in Colombo , the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3