Proteas eyeing Lanka tour to build young new team with 2015 World Cup in mind
Johannesburg: South African captain AB de Villiers has said that the Proteas tour to Sri Lanka could help in building the team for the World Cup in two years, adding that young players were learning to perform without the stars.
According to sport24, de Villiers expressed that his team was still trying to find its feet without players such as Jacques Kallis and Dale Steyn, ahead of five ODI`s and three T20`s in Sri Lanka.
De Villiers said that it was important for the team to get combinations ready after losing experienced players, especially considering the time before the 2015 World Cup.
The tour starts with a practice game ahead of Saturday`s first ODI in Colombo , the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal