Proteas eyeing Lanka tour to build young new team with 2015 World Cup in mind
Johannesburg: South African captain AB de Villiers has said that the Proteas tour to Sri Lanka could help in building the team for the World Cup in two years, adding that young players were learning to perform without the stars.
According to sport24, de Villiers expressed that his team was still trying to find its feet without players such as Jacques Kallis and Dale Steyn, ahead of five ODI`s and three T20`s in Sri Lanka.
De Villiers said that it was important for the team to get combinations ready after losing experienced players, especially considering the time before the 2015 World Cup.
The tour starts with a practice game ahead of Saturday`s first ODI in Colombo , the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India