Proteas facing batting crisis in sub-continent
Johannesburg: The South African cricket team`s batting capabilities in the sub-continent have come under the scanner after the team slumped to a second successive defeat in their five-match ODI tour of Sri Lanka on Tuesday, according to South African media.
According to sport24, the Proteas were considerably better from a competitive point of view in rain-curtailed game two at the R Premadasa Stadium, yet they also still weren`t good enough, as another anemic, alarmingly brittle batting display was given by the team.
AB de Villiers stated the obvious afterwards in saying that three massive matches lay ahead, as the side tries to avoid a 5-0 whitewash the country suffered in the 2004 tour to Sri Lanka, the report said.
Even the side`s bowling capabilities came under scanner after leaking 14 wides in the second match, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how
- Reduce your blood pressure – listen to the tunes of Mozart and Strauss!
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is a father figure to me: FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan
- Employees use social media to kill mental fatigue: Survey