Proved a point against West Indies A, says Yuvraj Singh
Kolkata: Comeback man Yuvraj Singh today said he has "proved a point" by forcing his way back into the national cricket team on the back of some impressive displays against the West Indies `A` and in the Challenger Trophy.
"I got the opportunity to play India A versus West Indies A matches and proved the point," Yuvraj said.
The mercurial left-handed all rounder has been included in the 15-man squad for the Twenty20 International and the first three matches in the seven-match ODI series against Australia at home.
India play the T20 game against the Aussies at Rajkot on October 10. And the ODI series begins in Pune on October 13.
Expressing happiness over his return, Yuvraj it has been hard coming back with 200 per cent fitness.
"I am looking forward to playing for India. I worked pretty hard and am hopeful that coming back would make a difference," Yuvraj said on the sidelines of a programme here.
When enquired about his mother`s reaction he said, "I think mom would be the happiest person."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir