Proved a point against West Indies A, says Yuvraj Singh
Kolkata: Comeback man Yuvraj Singh today said he has "proved a point" by forcing his way back into the national cricket team on the back of some impressive displays against the West Indies `A` and in the Challenger Trophy.
"I got the opportunity to play India A versus West Indies A matches and proved the point," Yuvraj said.
The mercurial left-handed all rounder has been included in the 15-man squad for the Twenty20 International and the first three matches in the seven-match ODI series against Australia at home.
India play the T20 game against the Aussies at Rajkot on October 10. And the ODI series begins in Pune on October 13.
Expressing happiness over his return, Yuvraj it has been hard coming back with 200 per cent fitness.
"I am looking forward to playing for India. I worked pretty hard and am hopeful that coming back would make a difference," Yuvraj said on the sidelines of a programme here.
When enquired about his mother`s reaction he said, "I think mom would be the happiest person."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor