Proved a point against West Indies A, says Yuvraj Singh
Kolkata: Comeback man Yuvraj Singh today said he has "proved a point" by forcing his way back into the national cricket team on the back of some impressive displays against the West Indies `A` and in the Challenger Trophy.
"I got the opportunity to play India A versus West Indies A matches and proved the point," Yuvraj said.
The mercurial left-handed all rounder has been included in the 15-man squad for the Twenty20 International and the first three matches in the seven-match ODI series against Australia at home.
India play the T20 game against the Aussies at Rajkot on October 10. And the ODI series begins in Pune on October 13.
Expressing happiness over his return, Yuvraj it has been hard coming back with 200 per cent fitness.
"I am looking forward to playing for India. I worked pretty hard and am hopeful that coming back would make a difference," Yuvraj said on the sidelines of a programme here.
When enquired about his mother`s reaction he said, "I think mom would be the happiest person."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you