Pybus striving for better rankings in all formats for Bangladesh
Johannesburg: Bangladesh’s new coach Richard Pybus has said his foremost aim is to improve the team’s rankings in all formats of cricket, and added that he is looking forward to his stint as a national team coach.
“We want to go up in the rankings in all formats. I look forward to working with the young group of players, help them improve and identify the key areas where we need to work. It``s about maximizing the potential we have,” Pybus said.
Bangladesh, which is ranked a lowly ninth in both Test and one-day cricket, enjoyed a memorable Asia Cup campaign in Dhaka in March when they stunned favourites India and Sri Lanka to finish runners-up behind Pakistan.
“It’s important to build on the momentum that has already been created and reach the goal we set for ourselves,” Pybus said,
“I will spend the next few months getting to know every player and assess how we can go forward,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed