Pybus striving for better rankings in all formats for Bangladesh
Johannesburg: Bangladesh’s new coach Richard Pybus has said his foremost aim is to improve the team’s rankings in all formats of cricket, and added that he is looking forward to his stint as a national team coach.
“We want to go up in the rankings in all formats. I look forward to working with the young group of players, help them improve and identify the key areas where we need to work. It``s about maximizing the potential we have,” Pybus said.
Bangladesh, which is ranked a lowly ninth in both Test and one-day cricket, enjoyed a memorable Asia Cup campaign in Dhaka in March when they stunned favourites India and Sri Lanka to finish runners-up behind Pakistan.
“It’s important to build on the momentum that has already been created and reach the goal we set for ourselves,” Pybus said,
“I will spend the next few months getting to know every player and assess how we can go forward,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi