Rains force Sri Lanka-New Zealand venue shift
Colombo: Incessant rain has forced Sri lanka Cricket to shift the second and third one-day internationals of on-going series against New Zealand to the central town of Kandy.
"The games would now be played at Pallekele on the same dates," SLC spokesman Rajith Fernando said.
The second and third one-dayers in the five-match series were to be played in the Premadasa Stadium here on November 4 and 6.
The first match on Thursday was washed out without a ball being bowled. The only T20 international between the teams was also washed out on Tuesday.
Sri Lanka has been experiencing incessant rain throughout the week. 18 districts were affected by flash floods, high velocity winds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!