Ranji Trophy: Vidarbha score 101 for one in reply to Jharkhand`s 332
Jamshedpur: Vidarbha fought back to score 101 losing one wicket in reply to Jharkhand`s first innings total of 332 on the second day of the four-day Group A Ranji Trophy match at the Keenan Stadium here on Monday.
At close, Ravi Jangid was batting on 21 in the company of Faiz Fazal (41), who completed 700 runs for the season. Resuming at 233 for five, Jharkhand added 99 runs to end their first innings.
Unbeaten overnight batsmen Kumar Deobrat and skipper Shahbaz Nadeem held the forte for sometime stitching valuable 76-run for the sixth wicket partnership before Akshay Wakhare struck the first blow of the morning having Nadeem leg before.
Nadeem notched up 45 runs studded with six fours off 79-balls. Following Nadeem`s dismissal, speedster Varun Aaron (3) and spinner Samar Quadri (0) returned quickly. SS Rao, who remained not out at 14, provided support to Deobrat for sometime before the latter edged a catch to Rashmi Ranjan Parida off spinner Sunit Ruikar for 69 (4X7, 6X2).
For Vidarbha, Wakhare emerged successful bowler scalping five wickets while Shrikant Wag and Ruikar shared two wickets apiece. In reply, Vidarbha got off to a fine start as openers Fazal and Akshay Kolhar (20) paired for 67 runs before Kolhar fell prey to left-arm spinner Nadeem.
Opener Fazal exhibited some decent drives on either side of the field making unbeaten 41 runs studded with six fours off 88-balls in the process while Jangid was batting at 21 with the help of four fours.
Brief Scores: Jharkhand 332 (Rameez Neemat 85, Kumar Deobrat 69, Akshay Wakhare 5/82).
Vidarbha 101/1 (Faiz Fazal 41 batting, Ravi Jangid 21 batting).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured