Ranji Trophy: Vidarbha score 101 for one in reply to Jharkhand`s 332
Jamshedpur: Vidarbha fought back to score 101 losing one wicket in reply to Jharkhand`s first innings total of 332 on the second day of the four-day Group A Ranji Trophy match at the Keenan Stadium here on Monday.
At close, Ravi Jangid was batting on 21 in the company of Faiz Fazal (41), who completed 700 runs for the season. Resuming at 233 for five, Jharkhand added 99 runs to end their first innings.
Unbeaten overnight batsmen Kumar Deobrat and skipper Shahbaz Nadeem held the forte for sometime stitching valuable 76-run for the sixth wicket partnership before Akshay Wakhare struck the first blow of the morning having Nadeem leg before.
Nadeem notched up 45 runs studded with six fours off 79-balls. Following Nadeem`s dismissal, speedster Varun Aaron (3) and spinner Samar Quadri (0) returned quickly. SS Rao, who remained not out at 14, provided support to Deobrat for sometime before the latter edged a catch to Rashmi Ranjan Parida off spinner Sunit Ruikar for 69 (4X7, 6X2).
For Vidarbha, Wakhare emerged successful bowler scalping five wickets while Shrikant Wag and Ruikar shared two wickets apiece. In reply, Vidarbha got off to a fine start as openers Fazal and Akshay Kolhar (20) paired for 67 runs before Kolhar fell prey to left-arm spinner Nadeem.
Opener Fazal exhibited some decent drives on either side of the field making unbeaten 41 runs studded with six fours off 88-balls in the process while Jangid was batting at 21 with the help of four fours.
Brief Scores: Jharkhand 332 (Rameez Neemat 85, Kumar Deobrat 69, Akshay Wakhare 5/82).
Vidarbha 101/1 (Faiz Fazal 41 batting, Ravi Jangid 21 batting).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM