Ranji Trophy: Vidarbha score 101 for one in reply to Jharkhand`s 332
Jamshedpur: Vidarbha fought back to score 101 losing one wicket in reply to Jharkhand`s first innings total of 332 on the second day of the four-day Group A Ranji Trophy match at the Keenan Stadium here on Monday.
At close, Ravi Jangid was batting on 21 in the company of Faiz Fazal (41), who completed 700 runs for the season. Resuming at 233 for five, Jharkhand added 99 runs to end their first innings.
Unbeaten overnight batsmen Kumar Deobrat and skipper Shahbaz Nadeem held the forte for sometime stitching valuable 76-run for the sixth wicket partnership before Akshay Wakhare struck the first blow of the morning having Nadeem leg before.
Nadeem notched up 45 runs studded with six fours off 79-balls. Following Nadeem`s dismissal, speedster Varun Aaron (3) and spinner Samar Quadri (0) returned quickly. SS Rao, who remained not out at 14, provided support to Deobrat for sometime before the latter edged a catch to Rashmi Ranjan Parida off spinner Sunit Ruikar for 69 (4X7, 6X2).
For Vidarbha, Wakhare emerged successful bowler scalping five wickets while Shrikant Wag and Ruikar shared two wickets apiece. In reply, Vidarbha got off to a fine start as openers Fazal and Akshay Kolhar (20) paired for 67 runs before Kolhar fell prey to left-arm spinner Nadeem.
Opener Fazal exhibited some decent drives on either side of the field making unbeaten 41 runs studded with six fours off 88-balls in the process while Jangid was batting at 21 with the help of four fours.
Brief Scores: Jharkhand 332 (Rameez Neemat 85, Kumar Deobrat 69, Akshay Wakhare 5/82).
Vidarbha 101/1 (Faiz Fazal 41 batting, Ravi Jangid 21 batting).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic