Rashid Latif refuses to publicise evidence on alleged Indian bookie
Karachi: Pakistan`s former captain Rashid Latif has refused to make public any evidence to back his claim that the PCB hosted an alleged Indian bookmaker Anu Bhatt during the national team`s 2005-06 series against England and India.
Latif said he had the evidence but since the matter was sensitive, he would share it with the Board through his legal adviser.
The PCB has sent a legal notice to Latif asking him to present evidence to support his claim or apologise. The PCB has stated that it reserves the right to start legal proceedings against him.
Latif said he respected the PCB as it was the parent body of Pakistan cricket.
"I don`t want to create any fresh controversy which is not good for Pakistan cricket but my plea to the board is that I only brought up this issue because of the Danish Kaneria case," he said.
He said the PCB must not pressurise Kaneria to plead guilty to spot-fixing until he has exhausted all legal options available to him.
"And I feel there are options available to him and there are legal lacunae in the proceedings held in which the England and Wales cricket board imposed a life ban on him for spot fixing," Latif said.
Bhatt became a well known name during Kaneria`s hearings in England where a disciplinary committee of the ECB imposed a life ban on the spinner, who has played 61 Tests.
The ECB`s appeal disciplinary committee later dismissed Kaneria`s appeal against the life ban from playing cricket.
Kaneria has failed another appeal which has been endorsed by the PCB in a commercial court of the United Kingdom.
Referring to the PCB notice, Latif said he will answer the PCB`s notice and was ready to share proof in private.
Latif, who as a player blew the whistle on corrupt teammates, admitted he has put his clean reputation at stake but insisted that he took up Kaneria`s case after going through all documents and evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'