Ravindra Jadeja sticks to numero uno spot, Virat Kohli 4th in ICC batting rankings
Dubai: Ravindra Jadeja continued to jointly top the bowlers` list, while Virat Kohli was the highest-ranked Indian batsman at fourth in the latest ICC ODI rankings issued on Tuesday.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni was unchanged at seventh in the batsmen`s list followed by Suresh Raina at a distant joint 16th.
In the bowling chart, R Ashwin and Bhuvneshwar Kumar held on to their 18th and joint 20th position respectively. Jointly heading the list with West Indian Sunil Narine, Jadeja, however, slipped a rung to fourth in the all-rounder`s list.
Elsewhere, Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson is back in the top-10 of the Rankings for ODI Bowlers after he jumped six places to eighth in the latest update.
The latest rankings were released after Australia beat England by 49 runs in the fifth and final ODI at the Rose Bowl, Southampton, on Monday night to claim the series 2-1.
Johnson picked up five wickets in the series against England and returned to the top 10 for the first time since October 2011, when he was ranked fourth.
Outside the top 20, Boyd Rankin in 25th (up by 21), George Dockrell in 34th (up by five), Majid Haq in 56th (up by six), Kevin O`Brien in 63rd (up by three) and Ravi Bopara in 66th (up by nine) are the other bowlers to move in the right direction.
Shane Watson, player of the match for his knock of 143 in the fifth and final ODI, ended the series with a run tally of 187 and is now back in the top 10 of the batting table after moving up one place to 10th. Watson was last ranked in the top ten in June this year, in ninth position.
Watson`s effort with the bat and his three wickets in the series also helped him move up two places to third in the Rankings for ODI All-rounders, still headed by Mohammad Hafeez, with Shakib Al Hasan in second place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam