Ravindra Jadeja sticks to numero uno spot, Virat Kohli 4th in ICC batting rankings
Dubai: Ravindra Jadeja continued to jointly top the bowlers` list, while Virat Kohli was the highest-ranked Indian batsman at fourth in the latest ICC ODI rankings issued on Tuesday.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni was unchanged at seventh in the batsmen`s list followed by Suresh Raina at a distant joint 16th.
In the bowling chart, R Ashwin and Bhuvneshwar Kumar held on to their 18th and joint 20th position respectively. Jointly heading the list with West Indian Sunil Narine, Jadeja, however, slipped a rung to fourth in the all-rounder`s list.
Elsewhere, Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson is back in the top-10 of the Rankings for ODI Bowlers after he jumped six places to eighth in the latest update.
The latest rankings were released after Australia beat England by 49 runs in the fifth and final ODI at the Rose Bowl, Southampton, on Monday night to claim the series 2-1.
Johnson picked up five wickets in the series against England and returned to the top 10 for the first time since October 2011, when he was ranked fourth.
Outside the top 20, Boyd Rankin in 25th (up by 21), George Dockrell in 34th (up by five), Majid Haq in 56th (up by six), Kevin O`Brien in 63rd (up by three) and Ravi Bopara in 66th (up by nine) are the other bowlers to move in the right direction.
Shane Watson, player of the match for his knock of 143 in the fifth and final ODI, ended the series with a run tally of 187 and is now back in the top 10 of the batting table after moving up one place to 10th. Watson was last ranked in the top ten in June this year, in ninth position.
Watson`s effort with the bat and his three wickets in the series also helped him move up two places to third in the Rankings for ODI All-rounders, still headed by Mohammad Hafeez, with Shakib Al Hasan in second place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room