Razzak fined for outburst against captain
Karachi: Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzak was today fined Rs one lakh for his recent outburst against the team`s T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez after the ICC World Twenty20 event.
Razzak had accused Hafeez of deliberately not selecting him in the World Twenty20 semi-final though the team management wanted him to be included.
The PCB had issued Razzaq a showcause notice last week asking him to explain his comments about Hafeez. Razzaq apologised for his remarks but was still fined by the PCB.
"I accept my mistake for breaching the code of conduct," Razzaq told reporters after a meeting with PCB Chairman.
"I never had any problems with Hafeez and I accept that my outburst against him was unfair. I have already apologised for it," Razzaq added.
Soon after the Pakistan team returned from the T20 event in Sri Lanka, Razzak criticised Hafeez for making him play in just one match right through the tournament.
Hafeez insisted that axing Razzaq from the final XI was a decision taken by the team management. "He is our asset and has been serving Pakistan for long," Hafeez said.
"I don`t want to say much about what he said about me, but I insist that the decision not to play him was taken by the team management."
"He is not only senior in age but also in experience. Whatever happened is in the past now. Cricket must go on. I wish the best for Razzaq and Pakistan team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister