Razzaq to lead Pak team in Hong Kong Super Sixes tournament
Karachi: National selectors on Sunday named experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq the captain of the Pakistan squad for the Super Sixes tournament to be held in Hong Kong later this month.
Razzaq, who has been ignored for national selection since the World Cup and was not considered for the Test series against Sri Lanka, will lead a strong seven member team for the Hong Kong event.
Besides Razzaq, the selectors also accommodated other national team players, Umar Akmal, Sohail Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Shah, Hammad Azam and newcomer Sharjeel Khan in the Super sixes squad.
Pakistan have featured regularly in the Hong Kong sixes event which is held annually with teams from all Test playing nations taking part in it.
Umar, Sohail, Tanvir and Yasir had all toured Zimbabwe with the senior team in August but were dropped for the Test series against Sri Lanka in the UAE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list