READ! Facts about the 'carpenter' Kusal Mendis who made history against Australia
Kusal Mendis is the youngest Sri Lankan to score a century against Australia.
New Delhi: Kusal Mendis became scored 150 plus runs against Australia, a feat that only Kumar Sangakara had managed to achieve. Not just that, Kusal's journey to the Sri Lankan dressing room is what makes this achievement all the more special.
Here's are some facts from the 21-year-old batsman's life:
1. Made his senior debut for Sri Lanka as a 19-year-old
2. Hails from the city of Moratuwa, famous for cricket, baila music and furniture
3. Carpentry is the main source of his low-income family
4. First ever bat was from a brand named 'Irfan' from Pakistan
5. Scored a duck in his first ever Test innings, compensated with a half-century in second innings
6. Scored a fifty on his ODI debut against Ireland
7. Is the youngest Sri Lankan to score a century against Australia
— Sri Lanka Cricket (@OfficialSLC) July 28, 2016