Geoffrey Boycott hits out at England for playing like `one-day clowns` in Ashes
London: Hitting out at England after they had been thrashed 5-0 by arch-rivals Australia, former opener Geoffrey Boycott has accused the team of batting like "one-day clowns".
The poor performance from England batsmen saw the team being bowled out for less than 200 on six occasions and final humiliation came when the was bowled out for 166 in just 32 overs on the third day of the fifth Test in Sydney on Sunday.
Writing in his column for the Daily Telegraph, Boycott said England were totally humiliated by an Australian team that is good, but not great.
He said last whitewash achieved by the England team was against Australian team containing greats like Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Adam Gilchrist, and added that it embarrassing to lose so miserably to the current Australian team.
Boycott also criticized the current lot of players for not thinking much about the game and depending more on extensive backroom staff for inputs.
He further said that players should discuss things with colleagues in the team and worked things out together, which will also help in building the team`s morale, Sport24 reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket