Young Oz quick bowlers flown to Perth for clinic with Dennis Lillee
Sydney: Australia`s established fast bowlers have been taking care of business in the Ashes but the next rung of quicks have not been forgotten as Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and James Pattinson were flown to Perth to work with the great Dennis Lillee on Monday.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the trio of pacemen are all on the comeback trail from stress fractures of the back, as is another back-up Test seamer, Jackson Bird, and are looking to the Big Bash League as the setting for their returns to elite cricket.
It is only five months ago that Pattinson and Starc were first-choice fast bowlers in the Test attack, lining up against England in the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge, the report said.
Cummins, meanwhile, was poised to be an automatic selection for his country after a brilliant Test debut against South Africa in Johannesburg in 2011 in which he was man of the match, the report added.
Australia`s depth in fast bowling is such that their absence has not been felt during the home Ashes as the more seasoned Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle have taken to England, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach