Revolver stolen from Praveen`s home
Meerut: A day after off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was robbed of his valuables, police here today revealed that a revolver was stolen from the house of another Indian cricketer, Praveen Kumar.
"We received a complaint from cricketer Praveen Kumar on December 9 alleging that his revolver has been stolen from his Multan Nagar residence," revealed the T P Nagar police station incharge.
He informed that an investigation into the matter has been initiated but added that it seems the cricketer might have misplaced the weapon somewhere in his home.
However, family members of Praveen believe that the revolver went missing from the home after the cricketer had an interaction with his fans.
"On the morning of December 9, Praveen was interacting with his fans in the courtyard and in the evening we found that the revolver was missing from the home. We searched our house for two days but could not locate the weapon, after that we informed the police," said a family member of the cricketer.
The missing revolver was bought by Praveen after his inclusion into the national side, elder brother of the cricketer, Vinay Kumar, said.
Interestingly, Harbhajan lost his passport, credit cards and driving license to a group of thieves, who vandalised his car, at a place near Karnal yesterday.
Praveen is currently nursing a rib injury which led to Karnataka seamer Abhimanyu Mithun replacing him in the Indian team for the upcoming tour of Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister