Richie Benaud injured in accident, more worried about car!
Sydney: Former Australian cricket captain Richie Benaud has injured himself in a car accident and will remain in hospital for two weeks to recover.
The 83-year-old cricketer-turned-commentator ended up with chest and shoulder injuries, besides a broken sternum, when his 1963 Sunbeam Alpine "mounted a nature strip and hit a small brick wall".
"No one else was injured, and I was more worried about the car than myself," Benaud said in a statement.
He is expected to be hospitalised for two weeks at the Prince of Wales hospital, local media reports stated.
Benaud`s wife Daphne said the former cricketer was recovering well.
"Richie`s remarkable," Mrs Benaud said.
"At first I was quite concerned but today he`s looking unbelievably well," she added.
Cricket Australia has wished Benaud a speedy recovery.
"We wish cricket legend Richie Benaud a speedy recovery after being involved in a car accident in Sydney," CA said in a tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms