Rixon reveals had declined Sri Lanka coaching job over `embarrassing` salary offer
Sydney: Australian assistant coach Steve Rixon has revealed that he had declined an offer for the vacant Sri Lanka head coaching job as the salary offered, was `embarrassing`.
Greg Chappell and Tim Nielsen are also said to have been sounded out unsuccessfully by the island nation and Rixon, who oversees Australia`s fielding, was also not tempted.
According to an Australia Newspaper, Rixon said that Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) sent him a contract, which was embarrassing to him as the salary offered, was very poor.
Stating that he is paid more in his current position, Rixon also said that he is not prepared to have to audition for the job as interviews are a waste of time for him given that he has been around first-class cricket for 20-odd years as a coach.
Rixon further said that he is not unknown as he had played for 15 years as a player, although SLC denied that they had shortlisted Rixon or asked him to fly for an interview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Four militants involved in Lahore blast killed
- September 2 Coal India strike: Govt open to discussions, says Piyush Goyal
- WOW! Sachin Tendulkar fulfills promise; gifts BMWs to Sakshi, Dipa, Sindhu and Gopichand
- Germany expects up to 300,000 migrants this year
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'