Rixon reveals had declined Sri Lanka coaching job over `embarrassing` salary offer
Sydney: Australian assistant coach Steve Rixon has revealed that he had declined an offer for the vacant Sri Lanka head coaching job as the salary offered, was `embarrassing`.
Greg Chappell and Tim Nielsen are also said to have been sounded out unsuccessfully by the island nation and Rixon, who oversees Australia`s fielding, was also not tempted.
According to an Australia Newspaper, Rixon said that Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) sent him a contract, which was embarrassing to him as the salary offered, was very poor.
Stating that he is paid more in his current position, Rixon also said that he is not prepared to have to audition for the job as interviews are a waste of time for him given that he has been around first-class cricket for 20-odd years as a coach.
Rixon further said that he is not unknown as he had played for 15 years as a player, although SLC denied that they had shortlisted Rixon or asked him to fly for an interview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal