Ryder gives ‘thumbs up’ to neurosurgeon in coma
Wellington: Jesse Ryder’s manager Aaron Klee has said the New Zealand cricketer is doing lot better in coma, adding there were some positive signs on Thursday with the Kiwi opener giving the thumbs up to his neurosurgeon as his sedation levels were lowered.
Klee said Ryder’s movement has given his family and friends hope, adding the doctors are assessing his coma at the moment and when the right time will be to bring him out of the coma.
Klee added the support Ryder`s family and friends had received was phenomenal and lots of messages had flooded in from Kiwis and people from all over the world, adding they have had lots of down time sitting around and have been reading the messages of support.
The manager said they have been collating all those messages and trying to communicate them with Ryder.
Ryder is now in a stable condition, but still needs support breathing as his lungs were injured in the assault.
At the press conference, a joint written statement by Ryder`s mother, Heather, and his partner, Ally, was given and they spoke of their gratitude for the amount of support they had received and of their disgust at the heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon